It is so hard to believe that yesterday started the beginning of the 3rd 6 weeks. Where has this year gone? I managed to somehow get everything graded and my grades posted before I had to be emailed by our Registrar. That is always a good feeling! :)
This week we started our new CSCOPE unit which is focusing on Expository Text. This is something I have never really taught a whole unit on, but I am loving it so far and so are my 6th graders. We started the unit by creating an anchor chart together that helped us understand just exactly what an expository text is and we also reviewed text features.
This is something that we will be reviewing throughout the unit. I also plan on making some more with students to demonstrate the different organizational patterns of expository text.
In my Pre AP class, we also started reading The Wednesday Wars on Monday and my kids are already loving it! When I read it this summer, I knew I had to read it with some of my classes. What are some of your favorite novels to read in your classroom?
I have also had a huge response about the Anchor Chart Linky Party. Be on the lookout for it to debut on December 1st!



I love that anchor chart for expository text. Did you create it before hand and go over it with your kids, or do you try to create them as you teach? Just wondering how other teachers do it!!
ReplyDeleteChristie
Great anchor chart!
ReplyDeleteHow do you fit in reading a novel with doing CScope? And do you do AR?
I, too, love that anchor chart!!!
ReplyDeleteDid you have any good tricks for getting them to unanswered thus question: how did using this organizational pattern help develop the main idea and support the authors viewpoint?
ReplyDeleteI really like your creations. I say creations, because they seem "possible" , because you took a large concept from an intimidating text book and made it "friendly". I admire you. Ty
ReplyDelete