4.25.2012

What A Week!

This has been one crazy week! I had no idea that testing week would ever have been this crazy. Last year I was on potty patrol since I was student teaching and not certified, but this year I administered to a small group for both the Math and Reading STAAR. Thank goodness my 6th graders are back on a regular schedule tomorrow. We did not do too well with our schedule change these past two days. 

I also got some crazy news this week from my Assistant Principal. I have to be ready to move out of my room on May 14th. Catch is, we do not get out until May 31st!!! Talk about poor timing. The rest of this week is going to be spent getting my room packed up because in my opinion my kiddos deserve a break for all of their hard work. Now I am wondering what I can do with my kids when we are in a different classroom that really is not big enough for all of us. I am thinking we are going to do a grammar boot camp as well as another round of book clubs. What would you do? I do plan on doing a lot outside too and possibly walking to our city center a few times because there are a ton of picnic tables there and it is only about a 7 minute walk from my campus. 

I am so excited for my giveaway! I have some wonderful bloggers who are donating some of their items from their stores in addition to what I will be adding to the giveaway! It is going to be epic and it will be up on Friday. Trust me, you won't want to miss it! 

Grad School is almost over too! I submitted my Action Research Paper this past Saturday at 10:45 a.m. and boy did that feel good. I have two take home finals left in one class and some busy work for my other too. The end is in sight. I know it will be worth it come June 30th, but I am just sick of it right now. When grad school is over, I am excited to get in a more regular pattern for blogging and blog stalking. 

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. That is CRAZY! As if the end of the year isn't stressful enough, right? Would love to hear what you end up with - especially some Grammar Boot Camp - it's always a struggle for me to fit that stuff in. Our end of the year stuff is book groups for Raven's Gate (Horowitz) and some Roland Smith books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, I can't believe that!! Why do you have to move out now, is this for next year? I'm sorry Katie--I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I teach in Houston...where are you? I have been avoiding looking at blogs because I tend to have an addictive personality--and here I am while my 7th graders unwind after STAAR. Thank you for your ideas (and your enthusiasm!). I've been teaching for 14 years, and fresh ideas keep me from falling into a rut!@

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! What time are you posting your giveaway? Just want to be sure to be on time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!