Today I was greeted by several excited 6th graders who had not seen me in almost 2 weeks! They were so excited to see me and I got so many hugs today! It is nice to know that they really do enjoy having me as their teacher.
While I was in Ireland, I purchased several children's books to add to my classroom library of mentor texts. We had so much fun using on of them today to review internal and external conflict. We also did some characterization activities with it too. I wish I would have taken a picture of the leprechauns that I drew! They were so good... NOT! Tomorrow we are going to do some more things with poetry and write a color poem and a concrete poem. I cannot wait to see what the kids come up with.
I also got some very surprising news today. I found out that I was one of our campus nominees for Teacher of the Year. I still cannot believe it. Never would I have imagined that I would even be nominated for this honor in my first year of teaching. We find out who wins the honor tomorrow. I am just honored that my colleagues think I am deserving of this. I was amazed at how many of them told me today that they had nominated me. It made me feel good inside.
I do not want to see any Hunger Games spoilers. I will not get to see it until next week sometime. :(



Contras! You totally deserve it! Even from reading your blog you can tell what a dedicated, hardworking and passionate teacher you are!
ReplyDeleteJenny
Http://Teachinginsixth.blogspot.com
Congrats on being nominated for Teacher of the Year!! :)
ReplyDeleteYey Katie!!! Congrats on the nomination!!! Well deserved :) Hope you win!!
ReplyDelete❤ Mor Zrihen from...
A Teacher's Treasure
Teaching Treasures Shop
Woo hoo!!! Congrats on the nomination!
ReplyDeleteCongratson the nomination! You are an amazing teacher!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! :) And I will NOT spoil The Hunger Games for you since I went to see it tonight! :)
ReplyDeleteShannon
http://www.6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com