3.21.2012

I'm Back!

Oh my goodness, Ireland was absolutely amazing! I am still a tad jet lagged and am hoping that next week gets much easier for me. Here are just a few of my favorite pictures from my week I got to spend over there. 



Even though school started back up on Monday, my kids have not seen me since before Spring Break! Monday I was still traveling back from the break and yesterday and today I helped with a STAAR Camp for our 8th grade students. We had 16 different sessions, 8 math and 8 reading, that the kids rotated through over the course of 2 days. I was leading the Author's Purpose and Point of View Workshop. I had mixed feelings about the whole thing. I think it is a great thing for our at risk and below level students, but our gifted and above level students were bored because the material was more geared towards the bubble kids. 

I also got great news on Tuesday! I had a contract waiting in my box for the 2012-2013 school year!!! Yeah for getting to stay on my campus and work for my amazing principal. I was not too worried, but I was not going to relax until I had seen it and signed it. Now I just have to wait and see what exactly I will be teaching next year. Fingers crossed that I will get to stay in 6th grade! 

Over the break I also finally joined the Hunger Games craze and read the first 2 on the plane. I am about halfway finished with Mockingjay, but I do not want the series to end. What am I going to read next when it is all finished??? Any good suggestions?

I have a few literacy games in the works and cannot wait to share them with you all! Be on the lookout for them early next week.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Katie...
    I am so glad you had a wonderful time.
    Congrats on the contract for next year!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!!! We missed ya! Seems like you had a great time! More pics please!!!
    Welcome to the HG fan club! Congrats on the contract!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about you on St. Pattys!!! Such a trip of a lifetime! Glad you had a great time and that you are back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the contract, that is always such a great feeling! My class is doing a Hunger Games book club before the movie and loving it! When you finish you should try "Wonder" by R J Palacio...I just finished it this week and LOVED it!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the contract... we still haven't recieved our yet!! It looks like you had an amazing time in Ireland. I must say that I am super jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay contract! Divergent by Veronica Roth is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!! That is wonderful news!

    I am way jealous of your trip...I've only just started planning one for England and/or Ireland in the future. Looks like it was amazing!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you had so much fun in Ireland! Congratulations on the contract for next year. :)

    Loose Shoelaces

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!