2.17.2012

President's Day and Donor's Choose

I almost totally forgot about President's Day, but I am not ready for a great day tomorrow with my students in the computer lab. I have quite a few picture books that I considered using for this, but then I decided that I wanted to integrate technology for the lesson. I started searching the web and came across some great videos on YouTube. I hope my kids will enjoy them as much as I did. 

I actually ended up creating a new blog post on my classroom blog that my students will open and then go to the videos through it. We might actually end up doing this part altogether, and then I will allow them to visit the websites that I listed as well. I did make two pages that we are going to glue into their reading and writing notebooks that they will use during the course of the lesson. You can find them in my Teacher's Notebook store listed as a freebie.

I also made my first Donor's Choose project donation this evening and was so excited to support Ms. Noren's project from My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher!
She is "Enticing Reluctant Readers with Nonfiction Books." If you are looking for a project to give to, this is a great choice! Lindsay has been such an inspiration to me during my first year of teaching, and it is the least that I could do to thank her for her support! 

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I peeked at your classroom blog and now I totally want to teach 6th grade ELA! I miss my big kids....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You classroom blog is awesome!

    Have a great weekend!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from...
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donor's Choose is so amazing!

    I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. It's tough to find other upper grade teacher blogs to follow. Thanks for all of your great ideas. Please stop by my blog to grab an award that I have given you.

    Teaching with a Smile

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!