8.26.2010

4th Grade It Is!

Today was my last first day of undergrad school ever! It is so hard to believe. Before my afternoon class, I went to talk with Mrs. Backor, who is my advisor at school, and she is also in charge of Field Experiences and is the one responsible for setting up our mentor teachers and observations for the year. While I was in her office, she informed me that she had just gotten an e-mail from the head of the HR department where I am planning on Student Teaching. The e-mail was about my mentor teacher and they wanted me to be in a 4th grade classroom. Well, that was the only grade that I did not have a mentor teacher requested in. When Mrs. Backor first told me that, I think that my jaw might have hit the floor because I was so shocked. She informed me that she had e-mailed him back with the list of mentors that I had given her the other day. I was a little worried about what the HR guy would think about that. Fast forward now about 4 hours to this afternoon. I am walking into the gym for the volleyball tournament and low and behold, guess I who I saw in the concession stand...the guy from HR. His daughter plays on the JV volleyball team here so I was not that surprised. I stopped and chatted with him for a while and told him that I would be just fine being in 4th grade and he even told me who my mentor teacher was going to be and she is the best one in 4th grade. I am okay with this and I cannot wait to get into the classroom! The best part is that I even will get to teach Texas History which is my favorite!!!

Any 4th grade teachers out there, what are some great websites that I can start looking around at?

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 4th grade is awesome to teach! One of my favorite websites is: http://www.mandygregory.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you're in 4th! This is my first year in fourth, so I'm excited to have someone else experiencing it too. Keep us updated on how it's going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Good luck! I think 4th will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love 4th grade! It's an adjustment at first because at the beginning of the year they seem so young, but they really mature throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!