8.09.2010

Teacher Week- Must Haves!

I am linking up with Babbling Abby again for Teacher Week. Today we are sharing Teacher Must Haves for the classroom. Even though I do not have my own classroom yet, there are so many things that I know I have to have in my first classroom.

1. Lots and lots of books! 
While subbing, it has amazed me how many classrooms I have walked into that do not have books easily accessible to the students. That is why I have books...so they can have that same interest in books that I do! 

2. A personal refrigerator 

This is essential in housing your much needed caffeine fix as well as that sandwich or salad that you have 5 minutes to eat for lunch. I know that mine will have a nice stock of Diet Coke in it as well as a few pieces of chocolate at all times. 

3. Jump Drive
You do not want to lose all of those documents that you have saved on your school computer and it makes life so much easier when taking projects back and forth to home. 

4. A Comfy Reading Chair
I know I linked up to this chair in my last post too, but I cannot wait to order it and use it in my classroom! 

5. Flair Pens

I love these things and they are so great for grading.

Since I am not quite a teacher yet there are still a lot of Must Haves that I know I will discover. Hopefully I will find some things from your wonderful posts too!

8 comments:

  1. Flair pens are the only think I use to grade papers and to write notes on, love them! A well stocked library is a must as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flair pens are my FAVORITE!! We were allowed to have a mini fridge my first year, but last year we had to get rid of them due to a fire hazard. I was extremely sad. I sounds so stupid, but it really threw me off..I had to remember to take my lunch down to the teachers lounge! haah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to find some Flair Pens tonight! I think I would love them. A lot. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got the Flair pens this week and they are my new fav! I use them for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to admit that I've never used the flair pens, but after all this, I may have to go buy some just to see!

    (I'm also going to second the jump drive mention. I've lost every file on my computer twice, until I smartened up and bought a jump drive. Don't go without one!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flair pens and jump drives! I have tons of each of these! I wish we could keep a mini fridge and microwave in our rooms, but with budget cuts, our district banned them last year, saying they used too much electricity. Not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Books being right there for the kids is a must and I'm sure encourages children to read. My daughter's classroom had them everywhere and she loves to read. I can see why you would need the fridge! Love flair pens...my favorite are by Pilot (because I just love colored pens!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!