8.16.2015

2nd Grade Superheros!

Be sure to head on over to Blog Hoppin' to check out some more awesome classrooms!

Once again I have taken a long vacation from this little ole' blog. I say I am going to do a better job and then life happens. 

I had a great summer. I once again worked as at the girl's camp director at the camp I grew up going to. This was my 3rd year to be in this role. This summer was extra special because my boyfriend was the camp director at the boy's camp. So glad we got to spend the whole summer together. 

If you remember I shared back in the spring that I am going to be teaching 2nd grade this school year at a new school. I am so beyond excited for this adventure and I am in love with my new campus! The teachers, parents, and kids are beyond wonderful! My campus has right over 100 kids total K-5 and I will be the only 2nd grade teacher. It is crazy to think that there were more kids in 1st grade on my last campus than what is the total number at my new school. 

That being said I have all been working on setting up my 5th classroom in 5 years. I am really hoping that I can stay put for a while this time. :) I promise to share a reveal soon, but in the mean time I was pretty happy with my bulletin board outside my room. Our theme these year on our campus is Super Leaders. My inspiration for the board came from here


Hope your classroom is going wonderfully! I love seeing all of the super cute classrooms. It is hard to believe that my 5th year of teaching will start on the 24th! Time sure does fly when you enjoy what you do!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous superhero board! I'm putting a few Lego/superhero things in my classroom too this year. I love how you've used the superhero badges for their names. I'm going to use that shape to share our transdisciplinary theme (I'm in an IB school) and change the theme on a cape for each unit of inquiry!

    Emer

    A Crucial Week

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!