I am sold on Whole Brain Teaching and everything that goes along with it! I actually began implementing the five rules and the "class-yes" portion of WBT in my 6th grade classroom. I have been using these same two components in my 1st grade classroom since Day 1. I knew that I wanted to implement more, but I was not really sure how to do it. That is when I came across this video.
I bit the bullet and implemented the scoreboard last week. It was a hit on day one and the kids were sold on it. It was awesome when they walked in today and their first question was if they were going to win the game again. :) Day by day I am getting better at implementing the scoreboard and becoming more religious with rewarding points for both good and bad. We got over 30 marks on our board today which was quite exciting.
Today I introduced the concept of mirrors. Another huge hit!
I promise to keep sharing with you all on my WBT teaching journey! I am also going to be participating in a WBT Book Study that will begin in January! Be on the lookout for more posts about WBT!



I just found your Facebook and Blog from the 3AM Teacher. I am just starting with WBT andlook forward to your posts.
ReplyDelete