It is time for Farley's monthly Currently linky! Click here to link up with your own post!
Listening: I just love Say Yes to the Dress! This is one of my Friday night rituals each week! I especially love to watch it with my mom. Now if only there was a man in my life and I could maybe possibly think about planning a wedding! :)
Loving: The upcoming Teachers Pay Teachers Sale! There are several things that have been in my cart for a while and you can bet I will be making some purchases this weekend!
Thinking: In my town we run a basketball league for 5th and 6th grade students, both boys and girls. I am excited to get to watch them play tomorrow morning. They have been begging me to go, and I finally have a free Saturday morning.
Wanting: iPads in my classroom...NOW! This past week we used iMovie to make some persuasive commercials and my kids loved it! I am really hoping to integrate the iPad more, but it is so hard only having one right now.
Needing: More time to read. I have set a goal to read 75 books in 2013 and currently I have only finished 3 of them. I really need to get to work on this. I know I will read a ton this summer, but I would love to get 25 books in by the end of Spring Break.
Pet Peeves: These are pretty obvious to me. :) The not coming prepared one is because of my 6th grade friends! I cannot tell you how many pencils I am asked for on a daily basis! I wish I could charge them for a pencil and it could become my margarita fund. :)




75 books?! My goal is 25 (2ish a month!) How will you manage 75?? I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteJessica
Second Grade Nest
I LOVE books, but I think I'm doing well if I can read the picture books that I have been buying, let alone a novel or two...maybe during my time off during the next few weeks. :)
ReplyDeleteI have two of my own iPads (bought through Scholastic book points), as well as access to a set of 4 that the school bought for all the classes to use, so I am slowly trying to find ways to make use of them with my kids.
Have a great weekend!
Tammy
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSheesh! I'm having comment issues! 75 books is really impressive! Keep up posted on how you do. I love to read and always try to set goals. I also love Say Yes to the Dress. I seriously love watching them pic out their beautiful dresses!
ReplyDeleteKate
Second Grade Sparkle
Awww! I got a smile on my face just thinking about how special your students are going to feel when they see you at their basketball game! So sweet.
ReplyDeleteCovered in Glitter and Glue
I'm purchasing that wish list this weekend, too! Can't wait to load up.
ReplyDeleteMegan
I Teach. What's Your Super Power?
I am thinking the same exact thing. They are going to be so surprised with they see me. I also can't wait for the TpT sell!
ReplyDeleteJamie
Sixth Grade Tales
ha ha ha a margarita fund... that is hilarious... thanks for linking up
ReplyDelete75 books is impressive! I am a reader also, and usually hit about the 50 mark, although with my new discovery of blogging is making me have less reading time!
ReplyDeleteI have sixth grade smarties too... Do you think somehow pencils are part of their diet? Mine seem to disappear as well!
Enjoy your weekend!
Michele
Coffee Cups and Lesson Plans
What a great surprise for you students today! I wish I could have a goal to read 75 books in a year...I used to love to read. Now I'm back in grad school, reading umpteen pages of boring, dull text a week. Boo! Makes it hard wanting to reading anything else! Someday though, maybe a can set a similar goal.
ReplyDeleteChristy
Teaching In Oz
I am obsessed with iMovie! I am ridiculously lucky that a district member received a grant for our 5th graders to each have an iPad. I use them almost all day. However, when I just had my teacher iPad, I used it to create comics and movies for my lessons--the kids love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the share!
http://fantastic5thgrade.blogspot.com/
I am with you on the needing. My book reading has gone down alot this year and it saddens me. I usually read lots of books from the school library during the school because when the students see me reading the books they get fired up and interested in them. During the summer is when I indulge in my adult reads. I haven't had nearly as much time because of trying to tweek and teach everthing for our wonderful STAAR test. One of my students just commented the other day that I don't give them as much time to read in class as I used to. I will definitely have to try and build that back into my class time.
ReplyDeleteI could drink a lot of margaritas from all the pencils kids take in my room! (I got a box of golf pencils...and they're about halfway gone now!)
ReplyDelete