I truly believe that I am a better teacher because of the collaboration and resources that I have found since starting my teaching blog when I was just a little 'ole student teacher back in the Spring of 2011. Never did I ever think blogging would become such a huge part of my development as a teacher.
I so wish I would have discovered all of the amazing teaching blogs earlier in my college career because I have found so many great ideas on them. I wish I could remember exactly who's blog it was I cam across first because I owe them a huge thank you!
You all have challenged me to be a better teacher each day that I walk into my classroom. I am not afraid to try new things because of you. I have discovered great resources through you all on Teachers Pay Teachers and Pinterest.
So thanks for helping me to be a better teacher every day. I will never be able to thank you all enough!
You all have challenged me to be a better teacher each day that I walk into my classroom. I am not afraid to try new things because of you. I have discovered great resources through you all on Teachers Pay Teachers and Pinterest.
So thanks for helping me to be a better teacher every day. I will never be able to thank you all enough!



Amen! I Thai k we all feel exactly the same :)
ReplyDeleteI can certainly relate to this post! I know that when I started my teaching blog began following a few other teacher's blogs last year I certainly improved my game! I am so thankful to all of the blogging teachers out there!
ReplyDeleteDee
Mrs. B's Nook
I hear ya' sister! I have stretched myself as an educator this year more than I ever have. I have tried things I never dreamt of trying and have had moments in my classroom that have made me proud, all because of the blogging world! Thank you for this post! :)
ReplyDeleteYoungTeacherLove 5th Grade Blog
It's incredible how blogging has opened up so many opportunities!!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way too!! I think I have pushed myself harder than I ever knew I could thanks to everyone in our community (including you Katie!!). Best professional development ever :)
ReplyDeleteAgreed. Ever since finding these teaching blogs via Pinterest this summer, I feel like I've been a more creative teacher, also one that teaches more specific reading skills. I always taught reading through the novels and worksheets or workbooks that follow. Though these sheets cover the skills, I can't say that I ever taught them. Since finding so many wonderful anchor charts, I have been teaching my students many more skills and they have been blossoming. I just tested them on tone vs. mood after doing this lesson for my principal(eval) and the kids did wonderfully. Not only did they know the difference, but were able to identify in reading. Thanks to blogger, pinterest, and TPT store for all of these amazing resources!
ReplyDeleteDitto! I spent my 2012 working year, NOT in a classroom, due to a move across the country, missing the 'teacher hire' season. I discovered teacher blogs and pinterest and am in love and am soooo thankful!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have taught since 2006 and blogged for the past year or two BUT I have only JUST started to reach out to other blogs like yours and others I have found via the linkys you all do... I am excited to connect with others!!
ReplyDelete