I did it! My school year is officially over. I am also lucky to have a great principal who let us leave when we were finished today instead of making us wait until 4:00 p.m. like we should have. My room is all in boxes and now I am just hoping that they get the construction in my building finished in time so we get at least two weeks in our rooms before the kiddos come. Even better was that we found out at closing convocation that we are also getting a raise this coming year! Double yeah!!!
I am also in love with our new blog that we are going to start using for book studies called We Read, We Blog, We Teach.

This is the blog where we will be doing the Upper Elementary Daily 5/CAFE Book Study. If you plan on joining us, go ahead and follow the blog to be on top of all of the updates.
I also wanted to join in on the Summer Vacation linky party that Kindergarten Lifestyle is hosting.
Here is my new laminator in action! I am in love with it!!! Best money I have spent for my classroom yet.
I am also headed to my summer job starting tomorrow. I work at a summer camp as the Program Assistant and love what I get to do! I am responsible for creating bunk assignments, camper schedules, and also create some of the nightly programming activities. The extra pay on top of my teaching salary will be nice too.
What do you have planned for the summer?



Hahahaha, I just got one too, I can't wait to use it!!
ReplyDeleteAloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second
That is so funny that you are already laminating for next year! I'm just like that too- if I get something new, I have to try it out immediately! Yay for the raise!!
ReplyDeleteLori
Conversations in Literacy
LOL that is definitely a teacher thing to do isn't it? I will be right there with you once my summer vacation starts!! :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure
lol - I used to be the laminating queen! Now I'm jealous because I don't have one at home :0(
ReplyDeletejeannie
Kindergarten Lifestyle.
Hahahaha... I went shopping for next year! Thanks for sharing the new site!! Love it and can't wait!
ReplyDeleteMisty
Think, Wonder, & Teach
Hi there!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your blog! I had some questions for you. I know that you are a 6th grade teacher, and on Tuesday I am going to be interviewing for a 6th grade position. I have a friend that works at that school and I asked her what types of questions might be asked. I have posted them on my blog. I was hoping you could check them out and tell me what you think! :)
Mallory @ Mrs. Crouse's {k-8} Blog
A raise?!? What's that????? :)
ReplyDeleteYour summer job sounds really fun!!!!!
I wish we were out June 20th is our end of the year. I am taking off this year the whole month of July bureau and Aug I am working in an extended day program with fourth graders. Looking forward to it. The new blog sounds great can the daily 5 and cafe be used with 8th grade ?
ReplyDeleteI wish we were out June 20th is our end of the year. I am taking off this year the whole month of July bureau and Aug I am working in an extended day program with fourth graders. Looking forward to it. The new blog sounds great can the daily 5 and cafe be used with 8th grade ?
ReplyDeleteI wish we were out June 20th is our end of the year. I am taking off this year the whole month of July bureau and Aug I am working in an extended day program with fourth graders. Looking forward to it. The new blog sounds great can the daily 5 and cafe be used with 8th grade ?
ReplyDeleteI want to find a Cafe style board - program tied to writing. It'll tie my reading and writing programs together since I'm digging deeper into Daily 5 and Cafe this upcoming year!
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to learning how to use Cafe and Daily 5 in my 5th grade classroom. Would also like to begin blogging this summer. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteMo
I am interested in working with the Daily 5 with a Social Studies/Science twist. Any pointers?
ReplyDelete