It seems as though the past week of school has been so busy. I did not even realize that it had been almost a week since my last post on the good 'ole blog.
Last week was crazy because we had a pep rally on Thursday and I actually had to give the pep talk. (I am still waiting for the video of it to surface on Facebook.) Instead of just giving a talk, I thought it would be fun to write a song for the kids, so I did just that. I changed all of the words to "I Want Candy" to a Billie themed song. I thought it was great and the kids loved it. I also received lots of compliments from teacher about it too. I am just afraid that I am now going to be forced asked to give a pep talk each year now.
Today was crazy because we had an event with our 6th graders called "A Day in My Shoes" where the parents could come and shadow their child for the day. This was my first experience with something like this so I was really worried about it and what the parents would think about my teaching. I of course did not have many parents come in my 2 regular classes, but about half of the parents came for my Pre AP class. We first did an imagery activity with our book The Giver and I thought it went really well. The 2nd part of class I allowed students to work on their scripts for their news cast that they are creating with the information that they collected about their research topic that is associated with the novel. The parents got very into it and I could not tell who was more excited about the project, the parents or the kids.
I am glad tomorrow is already Wednesday, but my Thursday and Friday are going to be crazy too! Does it ever slow down?




I've never heard of a "Day in my shoes" day where the parents come in. That's interesting! I don't think I'd want some of my parents coming in though! :/
ReplyDelete