10.04.2011

I've been awarded!

A big thanks to Joy in 6th Grade for awarding me both the Versatile Blogger and Blog on Fire Award.


I am supposed to share 7 things about me, so here goes nothing!

one. This is my first official year as a teacher. I have been teaching 6th grade since the end of March this past spring when I took over during my student teaching after a teacher resigned. I subbed for 3 years previous to that and have been in the classroom in a volunteer setting since my Sophomore year of high school. 

two. I always thought I was going to teach 1st or 2nd grade, but now I cannot even imagine teaching the lower elementary grades. Pretty sure you will never find me in a classroom lower than 3rd grade now. 

three. My classroom library is my pride and joy. The best part is that it will get to travel with me too if I ever leave my current school. All of the books belong to me or were left to me by the last teacher. I am so lucky because I have over 500 books! I will be posting some pics of the updated library this weekend sometime.

four. I only have one interview before accepting my position. I actually did not have a formal interview for my position since they had actually seen me teach.

five. Teaching is so much easier with blogging. I have gotten so many wonderful resources from the blog world. What did we do before it?

six. I love having an inclusion class! I am not sure what it is about those kids, but I just love them! I already put in a request to have them again next year!

seven. I spend way too much money on my students and classroom! Is there a teacher that does not do this though? I am hoping a lot of it is because it is my first year and that next year will not be nearly as detrimental to the pocketbook.

Now I am going to pass these 2 awards along to several of my favorite bloggers.

The Caffeinated Teacher- She is a former upper grade teacher who is now in the lower elementary level. I just love her blog and can so relate to many of her experiences with students. 
A Middle School Survival Guide- she teaches Middle School math but I love some of her ideas. I also love that she blogs about her boyfriend's classroom too!
A Touch of Class- a 2nd grade teacher who's blog I love!
Teaching with Flare- a journey with another first year teacher
4 the Love of Teaching- Lana has so many wonderful ideas she shares to from her 4th grade classroom

Congrats girls and thanks for inspiring me!


6 comments:

  1. I always thought I would teach the lower grades, too! After five years in fifth, I can't even imagine losing that independence in the classroom that the older kids have. I can't say I'll never move down but I'm glad to know I'm not the only elementary teacher thinking that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought I wanted K-1 but now you couldn't pay me to go there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thanks so much for the award! You're so sweet and I absolutely love your blog too! You made my day :) XO Magan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the award, Katie! Your so sweet.. I'm so new to the "blog world"! Sorry, I had one of those crazy weeks, I just finally was able to post back today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 500 books is an impressive class library! I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!