11.22.2010

Love it!

I had to share with you all my new favorite teaching blog, The First Grade Parade.You just have to go and check it out because it is amazing. I came across it while looking for something for my student to do today that was Thanksgiving related for my Clinical Practices class. I ended up using her turkeys that she shared with us and we did a couple of different things with me.
 With one of the turkeys, we did a word family.
This was my example turkey for her that I had done ahead of time. I loved it so much that I added it to my teaching files already. 

With another blank turkey, I let her color it and then our feathers were parts of a story. We are reading a Bailey School Kids book together and we answered the questions on the few chapters that we have read. We had a feather for setting, characters, problem, solution, and one for a prediction. I was so happy with how it turned out and will for sure be doing something similar in my own classroom one day.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving activity to do with your kids?

4 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!