I am so ready for the Thanksgiving holidays and I do not even deal with a class full of students yet. I can only imagine how ready I will be for it next year around this time. I am just ready to be through with all of the ignorant people in my education classes who just chose to become a teacher because they thought it would be easy. Teaching is not for the undedicated, it is a profession that you have to love what you do! It is mostly the secondary people that act that way, maybe it is a high school thing.
I finally got spend some time with my 4th grade friends last week after being super busy the past two weeks. They were just as excited to see me as I was to see them. It was nice too because I finally got to see a science lesson which I had not really seen. The curriculum for Science for the district is CSCOPE which I am not too sure if I like it yet or not. It does not use a textbook which causes the teachers to have to create lots of science packets that include information for them. However, the lab that they did was pretty cool. The past couple of weeks they have been studying all about the Earth's atmosphere and the rock cycle. The lab was set up into about 10 different stations that the students rotated through. They used Ramen noodles as a rock sediment and did all kinds of different things to it. It is an experiment that I will hopefully get to do with a class of mine one day.
I am getting super excited for student teaching and now know that my first day in the classroom will be Thursday, February 3rd. It can not be here soon enough! I am just anxious for all of the smiles, a-ha moments, tears, and learning that I will get to do during my experience. One thing for sure though is that I could not have asked for a better mentor teacher, she is amazing!
What are y'alls thoughts on lesson plans? Right now in my curriculum class we are having to create a unit plan that involves five lesson plans. My opinion is that in the classroom I am never actually going to be writing lesson plans in this amount of detail! Why do they make us do this now? Wouldn't it be more effective to teach us how to plan for a week or teach us a format to plan for a whole day? Guess that is why I will be getting my masters, so I can teach education classes to future teachers one day!



Hey!I completely agree with the lesson plan thing. We are doing complete detailed lesson plans and it is ridiculous! Good luck! I love student teaching! :)
ReplyDeleteIt will be good that you are familiar with the format of a lesson plan. When you do PDAS, those components will be in there. I know, it stinks now, but it will be worth it one day. :) Plus, you'll already have some resources for when you have your own classroom.
ReplyDelete