9.11.2010

4th Grade

I found out on Tuesday that I am going to be in 4th grade after all and I am so thrilled about it. I am going to be working with a wonderful teacher who is also the 4th grade inclusion teacher. Mrs. I, who is my mentor teacher, told me that she has a really great class and a good mixture of lower and higher kids. The Special Ed. teacher is also in her classroom about 75% of the time which will be nice to have too. Just from the little bit that I have gotten to talk to Mrs. I, I can tell that she is really excited for me to be a part of her classroom. I think that was one of the things that I was most nervous about, but she has already really made me feel welcome. I will be observing her this fall which I think will be so helpful because the students will already be used to me and I will know their names compared to walking into a classroom for the first time in February. 

Have any of you all ever worked in an inclusion class? Any suggestions or things that you have used in your own classrooms with inclusion kids?


4 comments:

  1. That will be great!! We have inclusion at our school and it works so well if done correctly!! I think that is wonderful that you will be observing first this Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4th graders can be so much fun!! When I student taught I had an inclusion room as well. It was really nice having an extra set of hands sometimes. She pushed in for part of our literacy time and then took some of the children to her room for other activities. I really liked having the added benefit of seeing what that was like. It was great for the children too because they had many different people to work with who could share their experiences with the children to help them learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am student teaching in an Inclusion room right now and I love it. The Special Education teacher is only a part of the class during center time and for special testing situations. You will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!