3.04.2013

Currently...I Need a Break!


It is the beginning of the month, so that means it is time for Farley's monthly Currently link up!
 I have been a sorry blogger lately, but hopefully this will get me back in the swing of things. Things have just been so crazy lately between intervention lessons, tutoring, TELPAS testing and rating training, STAAR training, volleyball tournaments, and did I mention cheerleading tryouts? I am so beyond ready for spring break! Luckily mine arrives Friday at 3:35 p.m. :)


Listening: If you are anything like me you are a reality TV junkie. I am pretty sure this is what keeps me sane during the school week. Some of my favorites are Teen Mom, Dance Moms, The Biggest Loser, Survivor, The Amazing Race, and The Bachelor. 

Loving: Today was an absolutely crappy day at school, but my blog friends sure did make me feel better! It is so nice to know that I can vent to you all and that most of the time your day was just as bad as mine. One of my sweet friends even surprised me with a special treat in my inbox tonight!

Thinking: I can only hope that tomorrow is a better day or I may not be making it to Friday in one piece. I lost it today during one of my classes and started to cry because I was so upset with my students. I know we aren't supposed to do that, but I couldn't hold it in any longer. I won't even tell you how much chocolate I consumed this afternoon. 

Wanting: Have you found a personal assistant? If you have, please send them my way. It seems like I can never get caught up with my grading. I do not even want to think about the number of assignments that I have graded this school year. :( I am so over having 110 kids in class. I want to be double blocked again! 

Needing: At least two weeks off for Spring Break! Oh wait, I kind of have two weeks off. :) The week we go back I am only at school on Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday I am going with my principal to a PLC Conference at our Service Center and the DuFours are presenting at it! I am pretty pumped about this! Then Thursday and Friday I am going to be gone because I am on team for a Women's ACTS retreat. I am so excited for that because I know that the time away is exactly what I need! 

Like, Love, Hate: I really like Karen Kingsbury books. If you have never read one by her before you are so missing out! I love my kids, most days that is. If you asked me today the answer would be no. I also really hate ketchup and do not even eat it. I cannot even really stand the smell of it! 

Hopefully I will be back later this week with some new things to share with you all! 

12 comments:

  1. I agree, I could use 2 weeks off for spring break, or better yet, summer!!!
    Mrs. Saunders' Lovelies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read! I'm going to look up some Karen Kingsbury books to add to my summer reading list. Any specifics you would recommend?

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this blogging community and how we all have so many friends from all around the world who understand our small complaints and extra tiredness and hard work! :) It really makes a difference.

    Liz - BaysideMathTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Ketchup too! People always think I'm so weird, but I seriously will not eat something if there has been Ketchup anywhere near it. Gross!!

    I hear ya about needing a longer spring break. Be glad yours is right around the corner... I have to wait until late April!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear about your conference! Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, also really enjoy Karen Kingsbury books. AND-I also HATE ketchup. I thought I was just about the only one! I don't even want to touch it when I have lunch duty and need to open the little packets.

    Enjoy your Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hearing about the ketchup and reality TV thing, I had to share a story. You don't know how gross ketchup can be until you eat in on ICE CREAM!

    A few years ago, I took part in something called the "Turtle Mountain Challenge": basically an "Amazing Race" type thing where you go to a bunch of little towns and do different challenges for points over a weekend. Most points win.

    One of the challenges was at this restaurant known for it's ice cream. So you had to pick some numbers from a list, and you got an ice cream sundae. Well, those numbers were all hamburger toppings...and let me tell you, ketchup was definately the most disgusting one! Yuck.

    Just had to share! :)

    Apples, Owls, and Peppermint Mochas

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Karen Kingsbury, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope things are improving. I have had one of those weeks too. Came close about a dozen times to crying. Just keep telling yourself, "This too shall pass." Enjoy the spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I would give to have a two week long vacation!! Oh and when you find that personal grading assistant, feel free to sen thm my way after they are done with your papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for linking up... your ketchup hatred is so interesting to me because I LOVE LOVE LOVE ketchup...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never read a Karen Kingsbury book, but have heard great things about them. I need to try one!

    Have fun on spring break-mine begins March 22nd!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!! I think I want the spring break more for the kids because they need to rest and come back refreshed. They are so tired!! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!