7.29.2012

To Do- Before the First Day of School!

School is getting closer and closer, and I am really starting to fret about it! I thought to help me stay organized that I would join Lorraine over at Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies for her To-Do List Linky Party!

Hopefully you all will help hold me accountable with all of this too!

1. Finish my Middle School Language Arts Vocabulary Word Wall pack for my classroom and then place it in my stores for you all. 
2. Paint my new bookshelves for my classroom library that a family friend is building for me. 
3. Get my back to school packet put together.
4. Put my room together that is completely in boxes. Who knows when I am going to get in though!
5. Plan at least the 1st 6 weeks of school, which I am pretty sure I will be doing alone since I plan on using CSCOPE and the other 6th grade ELA teacher more than likely will not. 
6. Create my whole class writing journals to use during Work on Writing for the Daily 5. Have you seen the amazing ones from Layla @ Fancy Free in Fourth? I am in love with them!
7. Order my easel! Check! I just did this this morning!
8. Figure out my room arrangement and where I am going to put my new rug and easel. :)
9. Stock up my cart on Teachers Pay Teachers with lots of things for the BTS sale that I can use in my classroom. 
10. Make some back to school goodies for my fellow 6th grade teachers.
11. Get ready for my Principal Certification that starts August 25th.

What is on your to do list before school starts?

7.

5 comments:

  1. I came across your blog today on Pinterest and have already added you to my following list. I'm looking forward to reading through all your past posts to see how you've incorporated the Daily 5 in your middle school classroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie!! I can't wait to see everything you do and congrats on the easel--how exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to see/purchase your Language Art Vocabulary cards!! I wish the summer would slow down just a little.. school will be back in session before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you soooo much for linking up my Whole Class Journals! I hope you love them as much as I do! I am so excited to teaching writing because these will help me cover all genres in a concise way! BTW I am your newest follower! I just shared my Whole Class Journals set #4 Informational and Explanatory... hope you like those!

    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to your blog several times. What a great site! I'm also a 6th grade teacher, but I teach Social Studies. Good luck on your Principal Certification.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!