6.11.2012

You need one!

The world's quietest pencil sharpener that is! I had the opportunity to review one of the sharpeners from Classroom Friendly Supplies and we loved it in room 117!

My students would always be complaining that our electric pencil sharpener was not getting the job done. That whining sure did stop when this beauty entered my classroom. It is so quiet and it works so quickly! It is truly a teacher's dream. I am already planning on ordering another one so we can have two in our classroom this fall. I love that is also lets the kids know when the pencil is sharp and it sounds different. This has been wonderful for my SPED kiddos who had a hard time sharpening pencils. 

If you are interested in getting one yourself, head on over to Classroom Friendly Supplies. Trust me, you will not regret getting one!

11 comments:

  1. I always have such trouble with pencil sharpeners! We go at least one electric one every single year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of these so bad!! I think I may cave in & buy one over the summer!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought myself one of these after reading about them and LOVE it...my only gripe is that it doesn't sharpen "fat" pencils that we use in 2nd grade. The kids get a kick out of the crank ;) It is also SUPER easy to unjam if a lead does happen to get stuck in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I may need to get one of these-both of my pencil sharpeners are pretty crummy!

    Laura
    Will Grade For Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine is coming in the mail either tomorrow or Thursday, and I can't wait! My only bummer is that I'll have to wait until fall to actually have kids to use it since tomorrow's their last day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peace, love, and first grade is doing a giveaway for one. http://peaceloveandfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    April @ The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Thanks again for ordering from my Thirty One party- finishing it up tonight... my school district was hacked & it has been hard contacting the people who were supposed to be ordering (which is seriously the smallest problem with the whole hack thing, but anyway a problem none the less).

    2. Love this sharpener! Glad you did too :)

    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie!

    I am so impressed that you finished your Masters in your FIRST year of teaching! I spread mine out over several years and that was NOT the smartest approach.

    I can't wait to see your word wall pack. I promise to be among your first purchasers!

    I hope you will consider following my blog...

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...I purchased one at the beginning of last year and loved it so much I purchased two more for my 5th grade classroom. Several other teachers in my building did, as well. We were all in love with them until about March of this year when all of them seemed to loose their edge. All three of mine no longer sharpen and two of them no longer grip the pencil. I finally caved in and purchased the uber-expensive xActo sharpener and am hoping it will solve my pencil sharpening woes and, of course, bring about world peace!

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got one of these last year and it is the best pencil sharpener ever! We had trouble with the little bar that keeps it attached to the cabinet but never had problems with the actual sharpener.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!