I cannot believe that the summer is coming to an end and the school year is quickly approaching. For me the year is going to get underway starting on August 9th when we have Tadpole Camp for the incoming 6th graders. Of course my classroom is no where near ready at this moment and I am not really sure when I am going to have time to do that before the 9th.
Believe it or not, I have managed to at least get the first week of school planned already. I am getting pretty excited about it and am looking forward to doing some new things with my students that they have hopefully not done before in the past. I will be sharing my lesson plan template with you all in the next couple of weeks, more than likely once I am home from camp.
I have gotten a great response from so many of you all about being pen pals and cannot wait to get it started! I know that my kids are going to have so much fun with it and I am excited to have them write letters since it is something that is forgotten about too often with this generation of kids. I am currently attempting to create some postcards on Vistaprint for my kids to use that are personalized for our class. What sort of things have you all created on Vistaprint for your classroom?
I am also currently obsessed with these crate seats that I found on this blog. Even though I teach 6th grade, I still think my students will love them in the library area where all of the books are housed.
Pictures of the classroom will be coming soon!



Check out my Vistaprint linky party!!! LOTS of great ideas...I already have another order on the way that I'll have to post about & I've been inspired by all the great ideas others have shared!http://theapplebasketteacher.blogspot.com/2011/07/vistaprint-linky-party.html
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nancy
The Apple Basket Teacher
PS. I LOVE your blog design!!!!!