1.06.2011

Almost Time

It is almost time for me to begin my 12 weeks of Student Teaching and I could not be more excited about it. I am not excited about the whole dressing up thing every day though. February 2nd is so close now! I have 3 weeks of class that begins this coming Wednesday that I must attend on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It is basically two classes...one is a review for my PPR test that I take on the 25th and then the other one is called The Learner and it is about working with and planning for diverse students. I have a feeling that is going to be really helpful for me since I am going to be in an inclusion classroom. 

This past week school started back here in my town, but they already got out early today and have no school tomorrow because of the county stock show. Only in Texas! I did sub though Monday-Wednesday which I think was a really great experience for me. On Monday I was in 4th grade and the kids were so jacked up. I am just glad that I got to experience that before having my own classroom. At least I will know what to expect next year when they come back from Christmas break! Tuesday I subbed at the middle school for one of the coaches and boy was that interesting. She had 2 athletics classes, 2 6th grade pre-athletics classes, and then a double blocked English class that she co-teaches. Sometimes I think I can do middle school but then I think I am crazy if I ever do that full time. Guess we will see when the job search begins. Then yesterday I did a half day in kindergarten and they were horrible. I really think that I will never teach kindergarten. I do not know how some of you do that every day! 

I promise I will try to update at least once a week when I start student teaching but who knows. I am so excited about it and excited to share about it too. Any tips for my first week?

5 comments:

  1. So exciting-- good luck!

    My big advice is to establish yourself as another teacher-- not a fun adult who is visiting the classroom. (Clearly, there were some respect issues when I did my student teaching!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cultivate relationships with the kids, teachers, and support staff at the school. Never underestimate the importance of having a great relationship with your custodians! :) Have fun, and remember to be flexible! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad time in kindergarten! It really isn't that bad! But it is definitely trying!
    Some student teaching advice: Communicate with your master teacher! it sounds like you already have a good relationship with her, so make sure that you ask her about things your confused about and what kind of things she wants you to do. one of the girls I student taught with had a horrible experience because she wasn't clear on what she was supposed to do in the classroom but she never asked her master teacher!
    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started student teaching this week and was OUT today because I am already SICK!!! Hopefully for you it will be better because you have been in the classroom so much with subbing and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck!! What an exciting time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!