8.07.2012

Reading/Writing Workshop Must Haves

I am so excited that Lindsay is having her first linky party! Lindsay is a fellow Texan who is moving from 5th to 3rd grade for this upcoming school year. 

My Life as a 3rd Grade Teacher

For her first linky party, she is wanting us to share some of our Must-Haves for Reading and/or Writing Workshop. Even though I teach 6th grade, I absolutely love having time for Reading and Writing Workshop in my classroom. The problem is, I do not know any different and cannot imagine my classroom without it. :)


One. Lots of anchor charts. Here are a few of the ones that we made this past school year in my classroom.


Two. Reading and Writing Notebooks. You can read more about mine here.

Three. A large classroom library that has lots of choices and varied materials for students to choose from. If you are a follower you know that my classroom is total chaos right now, otherwise I would have some new pictures of my updated classroom library for you. You will have to check back closer to the 27th to see them. :)

Four. An easel! I can now say I am the proud owner of this one. I cannot wait to use this with my kiddos to make anchor charts this coming school year.

What are your must have items for Reading and Writing Workshop? Go link up with Lindsay and share your favorites!

5 comments:

  1. I am so, so, so happy that you linked up!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    Super jealous of your easel! Please tell me that your school purchased that for you!

    Thanks girly. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing notebooks! I am going to be doing that with my 6th graders, but with math. I'm hoping my students will like using them and creating in them as well.

    I'm a new follower, please come check me out! I could always use tips from a fellow Texas 6th grade teacher since this is my first year!

    Ms. W
    Hootin’ Around the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my easel too! I would be lost without it! I am your newest follower!! Would love for you to pass by when you get a chance!!

    Teachers Give a Hoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anchor charts are a great way for students to remember your mini-lessons and the important information you want them to access quickly on their own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ideas for reading and writing workshop. How much time do you get for teaching Language Arts? I only have a one hour block so I'm trying to figure out how I will be able to do both reading and writing workshops.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!