I had this post written and posted earlier, but for some reason it disappeared! Sometimes I love technology, but other times I really dislike it! Thanks so much to Kate for finding it in her reader and e-mailing it me! You are a lifesaver!!!
Thanks to sweet Betsy for writing the code for my button and sending it to me! If you visit her blog, it is on her sidebar!
I am so excited to be hosting my first linky party and I cannot wait
to read about what a day is like in your classroom!
Here is how it works...
1. Right click and save the button above to put in your post. I
suggest also making the picture a link when you add it so others can
easily find the linky party. (I wish I knew how to write the HTML code
to make it a button)
2. Tell us about a typical day in your classroom. You can share as
little or as much as you would like.
3. Come back to my blog and link up.
4. Visit the other links to see what a day is like in their class!
I am sure many of you are wondering what a day in a 6th grade
classroom is like. It is crazy, but luckily I do not have to deal with
restroom accidents too often! :)
This is what my Thursday looked like yesterday.
6:15a.m.- My alarm went off, but I chose to stay in bed.
6:40a.m.- I finally made myself get out of bed and hop in the shower.
7:15a.m.- I took my bagel with Nutella and a Diet Coke in the car to
head to school.
7:50a.m.- My 1st period kiddos made their way to my classroom and got
started on their DLR warm-up that we do each day in their reading and
writing notebooks. They also picked up any papers on the long table
where their crates are.
8:00a.m.- We had our morning announcements and then I gave them a talk
about appropriate behavior for the assembly that we had. I was just
hoping and praying that they were actually listening to me because I
did not want one of them to get in trouble by the principal or AP at
the assembly. :)
8:00-8:45a.m.- We had our Fall Semester Awards Assembly in the
cafeteria and I am glad to report that my kiddos were so well behaved!
8:45a.m.- We came back to the classroom and checked our DLR. We had
about 25 minutes left in class, so we played some Language Arts games.
I knew that I was not going to have enough time to get the lesson in
that I had planned.
9:20a.m.- My 3rd and 4th period kiddos came to my class late from
Pre-Athletics. At least one of them is tardy every single day. This
group did their DLR and we checked it and then we played games too.
10:40a.m.- My 5th period class came to me. I normally have them after
lunch, but yesterday was an early release day because of the county
stock show. You've got to love living in a small town. :) This class
is small, only 15, but they are chatty. Today was no different. All
they wanted to do was complain about being hungry because we usually
eat lunch at 11a.m. on a regular day.
11:20a.m.- The lunch bell finally rang and this was also the beginning
of my nice and long lunch break that I had with one of the other ELA
teachers. Our conference happened to be connected to our lunch for a
change. We got to go eat out together which was nice.
12:50p.m.- My 5th period came back to me before we got out at 1:30p.m.
They were so over school for the day, so I turned on Shrek 2 for about
20 minutes after we had gone over our DLR. I also came back after
lunch to discover that 2 of my kids had already left to go and mess
with their animals for the show, and 1 was in ISS for something he did
during lunch. Only having 12 kids was quite nice! :)
1:30p.m.- School was over! I just love early release days!!!
2:15p.m.- I was crazy enough to sign up for my 4-8 Reading and
Language Arts TExES exam, so I had to head to San Antonio which is an
hour drive. I felt really good about the test and I would be very
shocked if I get my score back and I did not pass. I should know on
Tuesday at the latest what I made. After my test, I treated myself to
an iPad and some Chick-fil-a before heading back home.
What is a day like in your classroom/life?





This is a very cute idea, Katie! I will make note of what I am doing one day next week and link up soon!!
ReplyDeleteKatie, I'm all linked up & wrote a post about the party on TBA!
ReplyDelete❤ Mor Zrihen from...
A Teacher's Treasure
Teaching Treasures Shop
"I treated myself to an iPad" hahah!! Nice!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! I went ahead and just did my whole day. I don't follow instructions very well I guess. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower and I linked up! Fun party!
ReplyDeleteRachel
Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens
What a neat idea! I'm going to work on writing mine this weekend and link up! Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!! I will post soon, my life keeps getting crazier!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for hosting!! This was fun!
ReplyDeleteMarvelous Multiagers!
I'm glad it helped! I love this Linky Party! I will be posting my post tomorrow! Thanks for starting this up :)
ReplyDeleteKate
To The Square Inch
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis is so much fun. It is interesting seeing the differences between teaching life back in the states and life for me in Africa as an international school teacher. Thanks for including me!
ReplyDeleteMissRorey'sRoom
I linked up! I made the mistake of putting my name instead of the blog's name. Ooops! I guess I'll know for next time. Thanks for hosting :)
ReplyDeleteBrittany
Ms. Green Apple
Hey Katie! It looks like the Linky is a big hit! YAY for you! I retyped and re-linked so I am back with you. I didn't want to miss your party!
ReplyDeleteKim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade
I just posted my first post on my blog and linked up! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited to your 1st linky party take off!
ReplyDelete❤ Mor Zrihen from...
A Teacher's Treasure
Teaching Treasures Shop
Okay, can I just say how jealous I am that you got to leave for lunch! Are you always able to do that, or was today an exception since it was an early release day! Love this linky :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love that you had an early release for the county stock show!
Bonnie
Living A Wonderful Life
so fun! I just linked up!
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome idea. I have been visiting and seeing how everyone spends their day. Kudos to you!
ReplyDelete~Meagan~
Thanks for hosting! This has been so fun! :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
Stories From Second
I love this....love, love, love!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete{Just cuz I'm THAT nosy!!!!!!!}
Holly
Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade
Great Idea! I've linked up - enjoyed reading about everyone's days!!
ReplyDeleteAmy
Love this idea... Just linked up!
ReplyDeleteIt has been so much fun reading about other teachers' days! Thank you for hosting this! :)
ReplyDeleteJust linked up...great idea!
ReplyDeleteVickie
I just linked up! Thank you for hosting :)
ReplyDelete~Stephanie
Teaching in Room 6
I just linked up too! Great idea for a linky party!
ReplyDeletekatherine
Third Grade Teacher Files
Finally sat at my computer to link up! I've enjoyed reading others in my Google Reader and through the linky party itself!
ReplyDeleteFinally blogged about it last night, but forgot to come back here and link up...duh. So, now I have :)
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Fun in Room 4B
I love this linky! It is so cool to see what everyone else does all day!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to link up! Mostly would love to share one of my crazy days! Until then stop by for a visit at my new blog!
ReplyDelete-Simone
busyasahneybee.blogspot.com
I did it! I did it! I linked up to your linky party!!!
ReplyDelete~jeannie~
www.kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com
How cute is this?! And I just found your adorable blog! I am linking up when I get home tonight!!
ReplyDeleteSara
Kindergarten Is A Hoot
This is such a great idea! I just linked up :)
ReplyDeleteJodi
Fun In First
How fun! Our first Linky Party! A party which we're a little tardy to, but still, what a fun idea!
ReplyDeletehttp://acrossthehallin2nd.blogspot.com
This was so much fun to write...and now I'll need to see what everyone else is up to! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit late linking up, but I'm here! Thanks for hosting an awesome linky party! :]
ReplyDeleteI'm late linking up too, but it was so much fun. What a great idea!
ReplyDelete